Welcome to our store interviews! If you don’t already know we have seven Simply Be stores in the UK (find the locations here)! We love our stores and from the feedback we get from our lovely customers it seems you do too. We have trawled our stores to find out, more about our staff and what goes on in each branch. This week we’re in our hometown of Manchester to visit our flagship store located right in the heart of the city centre, which opened in October 2012.
Here we met up with the lovely assistant manager Jax…
As you may have read in our previous post, we started to interview our store staff members to show you what life is like working in one of our seven branches. After getting to know the lovely Megan from our Liverpool store, our next stop sees us take a visit to our branch at Teesside. This store has recently been refurbished and welcomed in our brother site Jacamo. The store at Teesside Shopping Park first opened in March 2012 and has been going strong ever since.
Now let’s introduce you to our lovely staff member Jen…
Simply Be have seven fabulousstores in the UK, located in Bury, Doncaster, Gateshead, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester and Teesside. Over the next few months, we’re going to be visiting each store to find out from our wonderful staff what goes on in their own branch. As our first ever high street store opened in Liverpool, we thought it fitting to start off here, so let’s find out from Megan what life is like there….
Ten lucky Facebook fans will each win a £10 gift voucher to spend in store. So head on over and tell us your details with the name of your local Simply Be store.
Entry deadline is 25/07/2012.
Terms and Conditions
1.The promoter of this competition is Candid Collections Limited, trading as Simply Be, Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES. (“Promoter”)
2. Each entrant taking part in this competition shall be referred to as a “Participant”. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
3. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 years or above. Employees of the Promoters, their associated companies, their agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, Participants must submit the following: The name of your local Simply Be store and give your name and email address on Simply Be Fashion Facebook Fan Gate. Only one entry per person.
5. Entries must be submitted via Simply Be Fashion Facebook Page.
6. Entries may be submitted between 18th July 2012 and midnight on the 25th July 2012 (the “Competition Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. Late entries will not be accepted and the Promoters accept no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupted during transmission.
7. The winners will be drawn randomly from the Participants. The Winners will be notified via email.
8. There will be 10 winners, each winning £10 in-store vouchers.
9. The decision of the Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The overall winners will be decided by a random draw from the Participants giving the correct answer to the question.
11. THE PRIZE – Ten Winners will each receive a £10 Simply Be in store voucher to use at their local Simply Be store.
12. The Prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
13. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Our Leicester store in the Highcross shopping centre is now open… but we’re yet to give the official ribbon-cutting treatment so we’re having a fabulous evening in store event to celebrate its opening!
For your chance to WIN a pair of tickets to the event on Thursday 26th April simply leave us a comment under this blog post.
We’ll pick 5 winners at random on 20/04/2012.
Make sure you check your mail on Friday 20th April to see if you’ve won!
For a second chance to win, why not enter our Twitter competition? We’re giving away another 5 tickets on Twitter!
Simply follow Simply Beand tweet the entry message:
Want to WIN tickets to our Leicester VIP Store Event on 26th April? Follow us & RT #SimplyBeLeicester Comp ends 19/04/2012
Fitting rooms getting fabber: Retail chain installs luxury fitting room area for the ultimate shopping experience
Plus-sized retailer Simply Be opened its first stores in Liverpool and Bury this month, with the aim of giving customers the ultimate shopping experience. Simply Be has made sure that their fitting room area is extra spacious – and extra fabulous, as one of the least fun parts of clothes shopping for customers of all sizes is having to struggle in cramped and crowded changing rooms. Luxurious velvet sofas give friends and partners a restful place to wait, while the spacious changing rooms and boudoir feel make for a much more relaxed and enjoyable shopping experience. Mini blackboards on each changing room door can be chalked up with the name of the customer, adding a personalised touch.
Simply Be undertook some research that revealed that shoppers don’t want to have to leave the changing rooms and then queue all over again at the tills, so they have installed a till in the changing room area. This means that shoppers can pop straight from the changing room to the till, making for a smoother shopping experience.
One of the most exciting features of the changing room area is the Magic Mirror. This allows shoppers to take photos of themselves in their outfits, which they can then share to Facebook and Twitter to show their friends how fab they look, or email to themselves if they want to keep a copy their favourite pic. When you look good – you want to share it with as many people as possible!
Fuller figure mannequins in store reflect the average size of a UK woman – a size 16, whilst the curvy store staff have been trained to be experts in fitting and truly enhance the shopping experience with their friendly approach.
There is currently extremely little choice for fashionable plus size women on the high street – but Simply Be are out to change this. Parent company JD Williams/ N Brown had until now sold its clothing through catalogues and the internet because, like any number of home shopping companies, that was its business model. In fact, in 1882 Mr James David Williams was the very first person to make use of the UK’s parcel post service, to send his company’s products direct to his customers, in what could well have been the invention of home shopping.
Chief executive Alan White said yesterday: ‘In the last few days we have opened Simple Be stores in Liverpool One and at The Rock in Bury. These stores are aiming to give Simply Be’s current and potential customers a better shopping experience. ‘We will be monitoring the results with a keen interest. Initial responses from customers have been very positive but it is early days.’
White tells how one of his online customers actually burst into tears after visiting the Bury store because it had been so long since she was able to have a positive experience shopping for fashion on the high street.
According to initial findings by independent market research company RDSI, 97% of visitors would recommend the store to a friend, 98% thought the changing rooms better than other stores, and 90% thought the store was better than their current favourite clothing/footwear store.
Simply Be is all about loving your curves and being proud of who you are. Now Simply Be are proud to be on the high street – and their customers are definitely proud to be seen in their glamorous new stores. There are plans for five more stores in 2012.