YOUR PLAN BENEFITsS
You are entitled to access our UK-based call centre on 03444 810 500 to receive help if your equipment is not working.
If your equipment suffers either:
i. damage caused accidentally (physical damage as a result of a sudden cause which stops the equipment working properly) either within or outside the supplier's or manufacturer's guarantee;
ii. a mechanical or electrical breakdown outside the supplier's or manufacturer's guarantee period;
and our customer services team are not able to resolve the problem we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair,
and then pay for the parts and labour cost of repair, or may replace or pay the cost of replacing your equipment,
in each case subject to the terms and conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GENERAL
- There is no limit to the number of repairs to your equipment which can be approved during the period of your plan.
- Repair work authorised by us will be carried out during our repairers' normal working hours only, which are typically Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Applications for repairs of equipment will only be considered where the equipment is no longer covered by any supplier's, manufacturer's or repairer's guarantee for call-out and labour charges.
- You must operate your equipment in line with manufacturer's instructions and must not modify it.
- Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject of malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
- Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall either by us, the supplier or the manufacturer.
- Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
- Your equipment must be repaired within the United Kingdom, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- You are liable for the cost or repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. food spoilage) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
- If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
- We recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
- The plan does not include:
- the failure to the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party
- software (including operating systems) loss or failure
- damage or failure of the equipment due to: a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up recovery of data; loss, corruption or damage to data or operating system
- image retention on LCD screens, plasma or projection TV screens
- replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries, light bulbs and fuses)
- If a repair is approved, we may replace your equipment with new equipment of the same or similar make and specification, if we decide not to repair it.
- If we cannot reasonably arrange a replacement we may decide to pay you a contribution towards the cost of the new equipment. Usually this will be vouchers redeemable from a retailer chosen by us. We will base this contribution on the price we would normally obtain directly from our chosen supplier.
- When your equipment has been replaced under conditions 1 or 2 above your plan will end immediately.
- When your equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
- You must also pay for the supplier's delivery and/or installation charges and for any outstanding plan fee instalments.
YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND/CANCELLATIONS
Your right to change your mind:
You may cancel the plan at any time before the end of your manufacturer's (parts and labour) guarantee period and receive a full refund, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- You may cancel the plan at any time after the "right to change your mind" period outlined above, and we will refund a proportion of your plan fee relating to the remaining full months outstanding, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- If you pay for your plan by Direct Debit instalments, we will only refund any payments that you have made for the unexpired period of your plan.
- If we have provided you with replacement equipment or a write-off settlement at any point during the period of your plan then your plan will end and no refund will be due.
- To cancel your plan, please call us on 03444 810 251. You can also cancel by clicking on 'contact us' at www.domesticandgeneral.com, or by writing to Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8JP.
- The plan can be cancelled by us by giving you 14 days' notice in writing to your last known address. A refund of the amount paid for the remaining full months of the plan will be given.
HOW TO CONTACT US OR COMPLAIN
- Call the Customer Service Department on 03444 810 500:
- Write to the Customer Care Manager at Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP;
- E-mail us by clicking on 'contact us' on our website (www.domesticandgeneral.com).
If you are not satisfied with any of the services we provide or the way in which we have exercised our discretion you can ask for your case to be reviewed by Domestic & General and a final decision will be made on behalf of the Managing Director.
TELEPHONING Domestic & General
Your telephone calls may be recorded to monitor and improve the quality of the service provided.
Your details will be held and used by Domestic & General Services Limited, Domestic & General Insurance PLC, and selected companies acting on our behalf to administer your plan. We may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us or third parties for other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please write to the Data Protection Officer at: Domestic & General, Freepost CV2560, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8BR. To help keep your details accurate we may use information we receive from our partners. You can ask us for a copy of your details (for a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
GOVERNING LAW AND STATUTORY RIGHTS
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
When you buy electrical equipment you will have various statutory rights that apply to the purchase. These include the right to claim for a repair or replacement for up to six years (five in Scotland) if your electrical goods were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose when they were sold to you.
However, after the first six months, you will have to prove that the goods had a fault when sold to you and this may involve having to take legal action against the retailer. In practice, the manufacturer will usually deal with any reliability or quality issues during their guarantee period. Guarantee periods do vary but are usually of one or two years' duration with some manufacturers offering a longer guarantee on parts (but not on labour costs).
Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PLAN
With our permission you can transfer your plan to a new owner of the equipment by giving us written details of the new owner. Your plan cannot be transferred to any other equipment.
RENEWING YOUR PLAN
At the end of your plan, we will write to you about renewing.
- If you pay by Direct Debit, your renewal notice will show the amount we will automatically collect, unless you inform us otherwise.
- If you pay by any other means, your renewal notice will show the amount to pay. You will need to make payment for the plan to continue.
We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your plan.
You should be aware that extended warranties are available from other high street outlets, insurance companies and other providers. Cover may also be available for limited periods on some appliances from your credit card provider. Some household contents insurance policies offer cover for accidental damage, fire or theft. You may, however, find that an excess is payable and a claim may affect the cost of subsequent insurance premiums.
WHEN CAN I BUY A PLAN?
If you decide not to buy the plan when you buy your equipment, any quote we give you in writing will be available on the same terms and conditions for a further 30 days. Any offers, such as discounts and vouchers, which are linked to the purchase of the Plan will also remain available for that period. Under this plan, you have the entire period of the manufacturer's guarantee in which to decide if you want to cancel the plan and receive a full refund. We will also send you a reminder about this right with your plan documentation.
MEETING THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER YOUR PLAN
Domestic & General Services Limited is the provider of the plan and the obligations under this plan are backed by assets held within a trust fund for your protection.
CUSTOMERS WITH DISABILITIES
We offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities. In particular we can provide this document in Braille, large print or audio formats. For further information please telephone us on 03444 810 500.
Provided by Domestic & General Services Limited
Registered Office: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4JS.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 1970780
A wholly owned subsidiary of Domestic & General Group Holdings Limited